- Applications for temporary accommodation may only be made via the Homii Application (‘the App’) which can be downloaded from the Playstore or Itunes.
- All bookings at Homii are subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. The guest acknowledges and agrees that s/he has read, understood and will abide by same.
- The guest acknowledges and agrees to use this property solely for the purpose of temporary accommodation,
- This a not a lease agreement between the parties, and does not create any rights of tenant and landlord as contemplated in the Rental Housing Act.
- This is a contract of temporary accommodation which is paid in advance for the required stay.
- Guests are provided with an access card which shall expire at the end of the calendar month irrespective of the date on which the guest commenced his/her stay at Homii. Should the period be less than one calendar month the guest will be charged for this period on a pro rata basis.
- Any request for a renewal shall be subject to the application of all the terms and conditions contained herein and more especially Clause 6(a) and 6(b).
- The Guest agrees and acknowledges that his/her stay is only valid for the period of the pre-payment.
- The Guest agrees that they have no right to occupy the space if the period for which the space was pre-paid has expired.
- Right of admission is reserved at all times.
- The Guest acknowledges that Homii has the right in its sole discretion to refuse entry to any guest whether or not that guest has pre-paid for that particular premises.
- Exclusions shall be based on, but not limited to, the prohibitive conditions listed hereunder:
- Homii shall endeavour to reasonable renewals of the same rooms but reserves its rights to change guest’s rooms.
- Guest are advised that they are allowed to bring certain personal belongings onto the premises, but this shall not create a lease between the parties.
- The person/people occupying the room fully understand that he/she/they occupy the room as guest, and not a resident or lodger.
- Homii reserves the right to restrict access of guests to certain floors or units. Guests are prohibited from requesting access to any part or portions of the restricted areas of the premises.
- Homii and the guest acknowledge their respective obligations to
comply with the substantive provisions of the Protection of Personal
Information Act 4 of 2013 (hereinafter referred to as POPI)
- The Guest hereby authorises Homii or any authorised member of the management team to use, review and process any personal information provided to Homii in the manner that Homii deems fit.
- The Guest acknowledge that s/he knows and understands their right to privacy and to have their personal information processed in accordance with the conditions for the lawful processing of their personal information and hereby give their consent to Homii to collect, process, and distribute relevant personal information where Homii is legally required and/or obliged to do so.
- The Guest also consents to any third party service providers having access to their personal information and consent to Homii sharing same.
- The guest acknowledges that they are aware that the information they have provided may be transmitted to persons, companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties outside of South Africa and hereby consent in terms of section 72 of POPI to such transmissions and use by Homii.
- There are three(3) types of rooms available for pre-paid accommodation
- Bachelor Apartments
- 1 Bedroom Apartments
- 2 Bedroom Apartments
- On first occupancy, water and electricity metres are provided with a minimum amount of credit for usage. Thereafter guests will be responsible for topping up their credit. No refunds are available for credit not utilised.
- 24 hours access controlled
- Access to certain areas of Homii premises may be restricted
- There is no parking available to guests. Homii shall not be liable for any damage theft and or loss to a guests vehicles and/or property. The Guest accordingly indemnifies Homii for such damage, theft or loss.
- Homii only provides the aerial connections for TV and Decoder Units. Guests are required to provide their own TV and Decoder Units for their personal use.
- Guests are required to hold their own TV licences and DSTV subscriptions.
- Homii provides temporary accommodation and as such the room allocated to guests may not be used as an address for primary residence.
- Guests are provided with laundry facilities on the premises. Laundry machines are coin operated and the charges are for the sole account of the guest. These amounts are separate from accommodation charges.
- Guests are not allowed to be found drunk on the premises.
- Guests shall not be under the influence of any narcotic or narcotic substance, unless s/he is in possession of a valid prescription.
- Guests are not allowed to wash any clothes on the premises (unless in the designated laundry area) or hang any clothes outside the window/balcony, the common areas and/or the building.
- Homii does not accept any responsibility for damage to person or property. The Guest hereby indemnifies Homii of such claim whatsoever and howsoever it desires.
- The Guest agrees to use the property solely for the purpose of
temporary accommodation as per the maximum occupancy allowed per room
and agrees not to:
- Use the property for any improper, illegal, or immoral purposes
- Rent and/or charge fees for the use of the property to third parties
- Cause (nor allow any guests or visitors to cause) any nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to neighbours, other guests and/or to the owner and/or the owners agents
- Smoke or allow smoking on the property except in those areas designated for smoking
- Keep pets on the property
- Guests shall familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions provided for on the website and abide by the information. The terms and conditions are subject to change and guests are required to continue to familiarise themselves with same on an ongoing basis.
- Guest shall acquaint themselves with evacuation procedures.
- No candles or open flames or primus stoves are allowed on the premises.
- The number of guest allowed per room must not exceed:
- 2 guests per Bachelor apartment
- 3 guests per 1 Bedroom Apartment
- 4 guests per 2 Bedroom Apartment.
- Guests shall be solely responsible for any damages, breakages, theft and loss to the property or any part of it during his/her/their stay. The owner/management/operator may recover the costs from the guest for any necessary repair and/or replacement
- Guests are liable to Homii for a security deposit equal in value to a one month stay which amount must be paid when booking his/her stay.
- Guest are prohibited from performing acts and/or bringing onto the premises any item that is likely to cause a fire hazard.
- No firearms or ammunition are allowed
- All Payments must be made in advance and is a pre requisite to secure the guests booking.
- Guest will only be allowed to pay for a maximum period of a calendar month after which s/he and/or they must renew their application and make the requisite payment for the succeeding month. The Guest must follow the same procedure for each subsequent month that s/he requires the accommodation. Bookings are for a minimum period of 1 calendar month.
- Guests will be required to pre-pay a security deposit for damages, breakages, additional costs and the like, which amount shall be the equivalent of 1 (one) months rental. This amount must be paid together with the initial booking and in the event of there being no claims against this deposit, these monies will be refunded to the guest within 7 (seven) days of termination/vacating the accommodation. Repayment less any deductions shall be made via the payment gateway only. No cash refunds.
- Payments can be made by EFT and/or card via the Homii App.
- A guest may only cancel his/her/their Application for accommodation for the month and shall be exonerated from any liability of the charges (excluding administration fees for which the guest remains liable and which Homii will be entitled to levy) provided that Homii is notified of the cancellation (7) days prior to the commencement of the stay and written confirmation having being furnished to Homii.
- Should a guest wish to cancel their application and such cancellation is less than the period mentioned in Clause 5 (a) above then the guest is liable to pay Homii a cancellation fee, which is agreed to be 80% of the amount charged and which the guest agrees to be reasonable by his acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Refunds will be executed within a maximum period of 21 days.
- In the event that a guest wishes to renew their application, s/he must do so 72 hours prior to expiry of the period of stay. Ideally such renewals must take place between the 25th to 27th days of each month.
- Such renewals will operate on a month to month basis and the guest is required to renew the application for accommodation at the end of each succeeding month should s/he wish to continue their stay
- Homii will not be held liable for any goods which are left behind by the guest.
- Should a guest not renew their application and their personal belongings remain in the apartment, Homii will have the right to remove these goods and place them in storage at the rate of R200.00 per day. The guest will be held liable for the storage costs and goods will only be released on full payment of the costs. Should the guest fail to recover their belongings within 7 days, Homii will have the right to sell the property to mitigate its damages.
- If the guest is asked to vacate the premises by Homii management refunds may be awarded at the sole discretion of Homii management.
- Check out is before 10h00 on the date of expiry of the prepaid period. Should the guest check out later than the stipulated time s/he will be charged for the day and/or any further period at the applicable tariff.
- Check in commences from 14h00 and is dependent on the accessibility/availability of the room
- Guests are allowed day visitors who must leave the premises by 22h00. Guests will be charged at the applicable tariff per person per night for visitors who stay beyond these hours. The number of visitors together with the guest must not exceed the total number of guests allowed per unit.
- Children under the age of 16 are to be supervised by adults/ parents at all times.